On 24th August, German infrastructure manager DB Netz issued an information notice that a urgent construction measure is necessary to renew tracks between Passau main station and Passau border (line 5831). The associated closure times in the period from 29.09.2023 to 16.10.2023 will lead to significant restrictions for international rail freight traffic crossing the Passau border to and from Austria.
As a consequence of the track works, the border crossing at Passau will be totally closed at the following times:
- 29th September 22:00 h to 04th October 06:00 h
- 06th October 22:00 h to 09th October 06:00 h
- 13th October 22:00 h to 16th October 06:00 h
During the period of the TCR, single-track operation is possible at the following times:
- 04th October 06:00 h to 06th October 22:00 h
- 09th October 06:00 h to 13th October 22:00 h
Freight traffic will be diverted via the Freilassing - Salzburg border. A maximum train length restriction of 610 meters is applied here.
DB Netz asks for your understanding and cooperation in dealing with this situation. If you require further information, please contact your DB Netz customer account manager.